Parental Rights Certification
Many workers will, at some point, need time off work to welcome a new baby into their family. In the UK, Maternity, Adoption, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave (SPL) bestow “parental rights” upon workers. All businesses need to have a working understanding of relevant employment laws to ensure that all employees are treated fairly.
In this course, you will learn what a worker is entitled to receive in terms of paid and unpaid leave, and how their employment rights are subject to protection while they are away from the workplace.
You Will Learn:
- Who is entitled to Statutory Maternity Leave (SML), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Maternity Allowance (MA)
- Special cases whereby different rules may apply with regards to the provision of SML and SMP, such as mariners and directors
- Who is entitled to Statutory Paternity Leave and Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP)
- Who is entitled to Shared Parental Leave (SPL) and Shared Parental Pay (ShPP), and how the allowances are calculated
- The rights of workers who are away from the workplace on parental leave, and the rights of workers to take unplanned, unpaid leave to care for their dependents
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in an HR role, this course will provide you with a useful overview of parental rights that will ensure all workers get the benefits they deserve
- If you own a business, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to parental rights
- If you are a worker, this course will inform you of your rights under the law
- If you are a supervisor, this course will help you understand the rights of your team members and manage them accordingly