On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website. On the Where do you wan to install Windows page, click Drive options (advanced). Open System Restore by clicking on the Start button.
Right-click this drive you want to test in Windows Explorer and then choose Properties. Choose Restart now and check for problems (recommended) to check the status of your memory card right now.
Until Microsoft issues a patch (hopefully, this time without even more bugs) at the end of this month, your best bet is to uninstall the KB , if possible. Several users report that this fixes the problem, so it’s worth doing, even if it means that you won’t have the latest security updates.
In some situations, outdated BIOS could cause a BSOD Error due to certain incompatibilities. You can read our guide(which has some helpful visuals) on how to revert to an older version of Windows 10. The short of it is to go into your "Update and Security" settings and select the "Recovery" sidebar. From there, you’ll see an option to go back to an earlier build. Doing so should solve all the problems caused by Microsoft’s latest failed Windows update.
Users Reported The Issue Online
Try resetting the BIOS to the default settings – This will remove all BIOS settings like overclocks so make sure you take a backup or note custom settings down. You can also try updating your BIOS to the latest version – Your motherboard manual will explain how to do so along with resetting the BIOS. A strange one you may think but this is becoming more and more common as keyboard, mice and other peripherals have become more advanced over the years. Even peripherals that have been used on another machine without problems could cause problems on another.
- It’s incredibly frustrating, as you know it’ll be a while before you can start using your device again, if at all.
- One of the most noteworthy is the so-called ‘blue screen of death’, where ‘Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart’.
- Once you’re in safe mode, depending on what’s causing the problem, you can use the following steps to uninstall an update or device driver.
- The Blue Screen of Death in Microsoft Windows 10 appears in a white print text message with a sad emotion and troubleshooting QR code.
- If it’s not some hardware related issue, then you should be able to fix Windows 10 BSOD error using the methods and tips mentioned above.
- Otherwise, you’ll have to approach some store for the replacement hardware to get things done.
Other Hardware Problems
Whilst its not the most common cause it is one of the easiest to rule out and is especially significant when ruling out issue with new systems. Try running your system with all of the peripherals and devices unplugged, especially USB ones. You will probably need to get your hands on another keyboard and mouse so that you can actually use the system.
If you find it solves the problem then add each device back one by one so you can narrow down the culprit. Its a relatively easy experiment I’m sure you will agree and we would probably recommend this is one of the first tests to try especially if your system is fairly new. However, if you want to use this feature, you have to enable it in the past, before the BSOD error occurs. There are so many causes that can lead to BSOD error. By that, we will need to identify the cause and use an appropriate method to fix it.
You should see an option for System Restore in the list of results. Make sure “Recycle Bin” and “Temporary files” options are checked and click “OK”. Disable the checkbox “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”. Also remove all external devices like webcam, secondary monitors, etc. to missing.dll ensure those devices are not causing the issue. After clicking “Advanced options,” you have to follow a few steps to ensure that the exact BSOD error is resolved.
LEARN SOMETHING NEW
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO 100+ ONLINE COURSES
- Courses provided by New Skills Academy
- Over 200k students already trained
- Study in your own time and from any device
- CPD certified qualifications
- Verifiable certificate upon completion of the course
- Gain 12 months access to over 100 courses for a one-off payment